1. July 2018. Natural’s Not In It: The Transformative Impact of Punk, DIY Media Production and Critical Pedagogy Keep it Simple Make it Fast (KISMIF) Conference. University of Porto. Porto, Portugal.
2. June 2018. Media Literacy Now! Reflections on Teaching Critical Media Studies in Ukraine as a U.S. Fulbright Scholar International Association for the Humanities (MAG) Conference. Ukrainian Catholic University. Lviv, Ukraine.
3. May 2018. Playful Disruptions: Media, Opposition and Still Having Fun. International Conference: Media and Identity. Ukrainian Catholic University. Lviv, Ukraine. Conference Program: UCU Media Conference Program
4. March 2018. Media Literacy Now! Reflections on Media Literacy Practices in Ivano-Frankivsk. U.S. Fulbright Student Retreat/Conference. V.I.Vernadsky Taurida National University. Kyiv, Ukraine.
5. November 2017. You’re Nothing — Punk and Death. First Global Conference: Music and Death organized by Progressive Connexions — Interdisciplinary Life. Vienna, Austria.
6. April 2016. Smartphone Video, Experimental Documentary and the Ordinary Video Series. What is Media Conference? University of Oregon. Portland, Oregon.
7. March 2016. Amateur Versus Professional: Experimental and Documentary Film and Video Works by David Gracon 1997-2015. National American Culture Association/Popular Culture Association. Seattle, Washington
8. April 2015. Punk Space: The Influence of Punk and the DIY Spirit of Hallways Microcinema. National American Culture Association/Popular Culture Association. New Orleans, Louisiana
9. April 2014. Through Being Cool: The Political Economy of iTunes. Punk and Pedagogy (roundtable discussion). National American Culture Association/Popular Culture Association, Chicago, Illinois. Panel Chair.
10. April 2014. Notes for the DIY Documentary Filmmaker. What is Documentary? Conference. University of Oregon. Portland, Oregon.
11. October 2013. Walls of Sound — A Look Inside the House of Records (screening/discussion). Global Fusion 2013 Conference. Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois.
12. May 2013. Walls of Sound — A Look Inside the House of Records (screening/discussion). International Association for the Study of Popular Music, “Music and Labor” Conference. McMaster University. Hamilton, Canada.
13. March 2013. Walls of Sound— A Look Inside the House of Records (screening/discussion) and Towards a Punk Praxis? Punk, Community and Civic Engagement (roundtable discussion). National American Culture Association/Popular Culture Association, Washington DC.
14. August 2013. Screened Walls of Sound — A Look Inside the House of Records along with performances by To Tremble and Bore War. Fundraiser for the Rebellious Nursing Conference. The Mitten House. Philadelphia, PA.
15. May 2012. Through Being Cool: iTunes and the Political Economy of Music Retail and Walls of Sound— A Look Inside the House of Records (screening/discussion). Union for Democratic Communications, Florida State University.
16. April 2012. Fucked Up: The Political Economy of Punk. National American Culture Association/Popular Culture Association, Boston, MA.
17. April 2011. Notes from the “Tuff Stuff from the Buff” Film and Video Tour (Co-presented with Marc Moscato and Julie Perini). Ineffably Urban Symposium in conjunction with SUNY Buffalo Arts Management and Humanities Institute. Hallwalls Contemporary Arts Center. Buffalo, NY.
18. April 2011. Subcultural Practices, Commodification and the Ideology of Independence — An Analysis of Independent Record Store Culture. National Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association Conference. San Antonio, Texas.
19. October 2010. ‘To You I’m Nothing But a Number’: A Political Economic Analysis of Corporate Music Retail and the Persistence of Indie Record Stores. Union for Democratic Communication, Penn State University, State College, PA.
20. June 2009. Moving Towards a Political Economy of Recorded Music: Redefinitions and New Trajectories in the Digital Age (co-authored with Janet Wasko and Andre Sirois). International Association for Media Communication Research, Mexico City, Mexico.
21. May 2009. Moving Towards a Political Economy of Recorded Music: Redefinitions and New Trajectories in the Digital Age (co-authored with Janet Wasko and Andre Sirois) and No Culture Icons? — An Analysis of The Thermal’s Rejection of Hummer, Punk Aesthetics and the Ambiguities of Subcultural Commodification within Television Advertising. Union for Democratic Communication, Buffalo State College, Buffalo, NY.
22. May 2008. The Independent Record Store as a Site of Cultural Resistance and Anti-McDonaldization — A Case Study of The House of Records. International Communication Association, Montreal, Canada.
23. April 2008. The Independent Record Store as Oppositional and Contested Space: A Case Study of the House of Records. Western States Folklore Society Annual Meeting, University of California, Davis, CA.
24. March 2008. The Allure of Vinyl Records and Negotiations of Digital Resistance — A Case Study of Independent Record Store Culture at The House of Records. National Popular Culture Association American Cultural Association Conference. San Francisco, CA.
25. November 2002. Eco-Sig Environmental Conference, Kyoto, Japan. Presented lecture and video Portrait of a Protest based of the Free Trade Around the Americas and anti-globalization movement.