1. October 2013. Walls of Sound — A Look Inside the House of Records (screening/discussion). Global Fusion 2013 Conference. Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois.
2. May 2013. Walls of Sound — A Look Inside the House of Records (screening/discussion). International Association for the Study of Popular Music, “Music and Labor” Conference. McMaster University. Hamilton, Canada.
3. March 2013. Walls of Sound— A Look Inside the House of Records (screening/discussion) and Towards a Punk Praxis? Punk, Community and Civic Engagement (roundtable discussion). National American Culture Association/Popular Culture Association, Washington DC.
4. May 2012. Through Being Cool: iTunes and the Political Economy of Music Retail and Walls of Sound— A Look Inside the House of Records (screening/discussion). Union for Democratic Communications, Florida State University.
5. April 2012. Fucked Up: The Political Economy of Punk. National American Culture Association/Popular Culture Association, Boston, MA.
6. April 2011. Notes from the “Tuff Stuff from the Buff” Film and Video Tour (Co-presented with Marc Moscato and Julie Perini). Ineffably Urban Symposium in conjunction with SUNY Buffalo Arts Management and Humanities Institute. Hallwalls Contemporary Arts Center. Buffalo, NY.
7. April 2011. Subcultural Practices, Commodification and the Ideology of Independence — An Analysis of Independent Record Store Culture. National Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association Conference. San Antonio, Texas.
8. October 2010. ‘To You I’m Nothing But a Number’: A Political Economic Analysis of Corporate Music Retail and the Persistence of Indie Record Stores. Union for Democratic Communication, Penn State University, State College, PA.
9. June 2009. Moving Towards a Political Economy of Recorded Music: Redefinitions and New Trajectories in the Digital Age (co-authored with Janet Wasko and Andre Sirois). International Association for Media Communication Research, Mexico City, Mexico.
10. May 2009. Moving Towards a Political Economy of Recorded Music: Redefinitions and New Trajectories in the Digital Age (co-authored with Janet Wasko and Andre Sirois) and No Culture Icons? — An Analysis of The Thermal’s Rejection of Hummer, Punk Aesthetics and the Ambiguities of Subcultural Commodification within Television Advertising. Union for Democratic Communication, Buffalo State College, Buffalo, NY.
11. May 2008. The Independent Record Store as a Site of Cultural Resistance and Anti-McDonaldization — A Case Study of The House of Records. International Communication Association, Montreal, Canada.
12. April 2008. The Independent Record Store as Oppositional and Contested Space: A Case Study of the House of Records. Western States Folklore Society Annual Meeting, University of California, Davis, CA.
13. March 2008. The Allure of Vinyl Records and Negotiations of Digital Resistance — A Case Study of Independent Record Store Culture at The House of Records. National Popular Culture Association American Cultural Association Conference. San Francisco, CA.